AJ has been involved in coaching for almost 20 years and has a rich knowledge of the game. He has coached in over 10 different countries and has been lucky enough to work alongside coaches such as Nick Bollettieri, Ivan Lendl, Sergio Casal and many of the Aussie greats. AJ has also worked with Tennis Australia and Tennis Victoria for many years and has built a great rapport with them.
AJ’s greatest pride comes in developing players from beginners that establish international rankings under his guidance and on top of this becoming a lifelong friend with these players. He has had the opportunity to work with many professional tour players and top 50 ITF juniors and played extensively on the satellite/challenger tour himself reaching a World Ranking of number 4 in over 35s.
AJ spends an extensive amount of time dissecting the modern game to ensure his knowledge is up-to-date and world-class and also works closely with his assistant coaches on and off the court to ensure everyone’s knowledge is current and the same philosophy and progressions are taught across the board.
AJ endeavours to keep Stonnington Tennis at the forefront of the game, providing every player that comes through the program with confidence, a broad range of skills and knowledge, and a clear understanding of what it takes to become a professional player or to get the best out of their game.
Qualifications & Expertise:
- High-Performance Tennis Australia Level 3 Coach (Highest Qualification in Australia & one of only a few Level 3 coaches)
- Expert in developing players, programs & pathways
- Fast tracks juniors to top international rankings
- Works with many senior professional tour players
- Highest Ranking (ITF 35+): #1 in Australia, #4 in the World
- Australian Hot Shots Coach of the Year 2015
- Australian Club Coach of the Year Finalist 2015
- TCA Victorian Coach of the Year 2014
- Victorian Coaching Excellence Finalist 2018
- Victorian Hot Shots Coach & Club Coach of the Year Finalist 2015 & 2016