With some of the COVID-19 restrictions being limited, we are thrilled to remind our many tennis participants, that you can start to ease your way out of hibernation and come and have a game of tennis at our courts at Malvern Tennis Centre.
For this term, we are only offering private & semi-private tennis lessons to ensure that our numbers at the venue do not exceed the required capacity as recommended by Tennis Victoria. We hope to have all our group coaching and cardio tennis classes back up and running in Term 3.
Here is a friendly reminder that we all still need to continue with social distancing and applying recommended hygiene practises, see our guidelines below:
Tennis Court Access
Please do not use the tennis venue if the following applies to you or your tennis partners:
- Have been out of the country for the past 14 days.
- You are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or flu-like symptoms.
Clubhouse, Facilities and Court Protocols
- Clubhouse and Café facilities remain closed.
- Upon arrival, sanitise hands with provided sanitiser next to Book a Court controls.
- Drinking fountains will not be available for use and players should bring their own drink bottles already full.
- The toilets in the main park are open and available for use. The toilets in the Café are closed.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available.
- Always observe social distancing measures and refrain from large off-court gatherings.
- Showers and change rooms are closed.
On the Court
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people
- Singles and doubles are permitted
- If a ball from another court comes across, send it back with a racquet or a kick
- Players should leave their court and the facility immediately after their playing time has concluded
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
Any Player who experiences post-play flu, cold or cough-like symptoms must contact our Club Manager immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.